Join the Junior League of Greater Orlando for our inaugural Men in the Kitchen. This will be the tastiest fundraiser of the year! Men In The Kitchen (MITK) features 10 teams of 2 male amateur chefs (must be relatives, friends, or significant others of current JLGO members) competing against one another to be chosen as the fan favorite, with honorable mentions for presentation and theme. Winners will receive bragging rights for the year and the coveted tasty trophy. Chef teams should submit for entry no later than February 29th. Tickets costs are included for the accepted chefs, with no entry fee.
$42 ticket for event attendees includes: Tastings from each team, complimentary beverages, and more! Members will receive full AFO credit for the ticket price. Purchase your tickets today!
Open to all JLGO members and their 21+ guests to socialize and support the Junior League of Greater Orlando’s mission, programs, and projects. We can’t wait to kick off this new event with you!
What exactly IS the event?
- Men In The Kitchen (MITK) features 10 teams of 2 male amateur chefs competing against one another to be chosen as the fan favorite, with honorable mentions for presentation and theme.
Do I have to buy a ticket?
- Yes! Tickets are $42. Tickets can be purchased here. Purchase Event Tickets (jlgo.org) Tickets are limited and will sell out!
What is included in the ticket price?
- Entry to the event, tastings from participating chefs, complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, support for JLGO
When and where is this event?
- April 13, 2024 from 5pm-8pm at The Winter Park Country Club- 401 South Park Avenue Winter Park, Florida 32789
Where are the donations going?
- Funds raised will go directly to The Junior League of Greater Orlando.
What is the attire?
- Dress up for the evening in cocktail attire.
Is it open to the public?
- Yes! Anyone who wants to support the Junior League of Greater Orlando! Bring your friends, husbands, boyfriends, partners, your neighbors, your mom, your cousin,etc. Tickets are limited and will sell out! All guests must be 21 or older.
Are you still looking for teams of men chefs?
- Yes! JLGO is looking for 10 teams of amateur male chefs to battle for fan favorites with honorable mentions for presentation and theme. Teams must provide 50 portions of tasting bites for guests to sample. Sign up at JLGO 2024 Men in the Kitchen Team Submission Form (google.com)
Do the chefs have to buy a ticket?
Do volunteers need to buy a ticket?
- No, please email Miriam Stevens Miriamjstevens@gmail.com if you would like to volunteer.
I have a question not listed above.