WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1947, the Junior League of Greater Orlando trains members for effective participation in the community and is dedicated to the belief that volunteer service is an essential part of responsible citizenship.
We seek to be catalyst for lasting community change by empowering trained volunteers to enhance the lives of children and families
The Junior League of Greater Orlando (JLGO) is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The JLGO commits to the following values:
- Serve as a catalyst and/or leader in effecting community improvement efforts as an organization that seeks broad-based involvement with the community
- Create a supportive environment for the personal and volunteer development of women through formal and experiential training
- Reach out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism
- Value and include a variety of perspectives in JLGO’s membership, decision-making process, practice, and program development
- Accomplish the purposes of the JLGO through sound financial and resource management