Applications for the JLGO’s 2019/2020 Provisional class will open on May 31, 2019. Click HERE for the application link.
2019/2020 Provisional Education Program
Our year-long Provisional Education program asks participants to possess a significant time commitment in order to develop their civic leadership potential. Members of the Provisional Education program will learn the mission, vision, values, and goals of the JLGO; understand our current community focus area; and create a plan for developing their own civic leadership skills. At the end of the year-long training program, Provisionals who have competed all requirements of the training will be voted “Active” members of the JLGO.
After the Provisional Retreat all day on Saturday, August 24, 2019, trainings will be held from 6:30-8:30 PM on the second Tuesday of each month from September 2019 to May 2020. The Retreat and all Provisional Education trainings are mandatory.
Additionally, members of the Provisional Education program will complete two volunteer shifts – one with a JLGO community program – to better understand our community impact; attend General Membership Meetings (GMMs) to learn more about the work of our organization and our community focus area; participate in a Provisional Class Project to make a direct impact in the community; and more!
New Member Education Sessions
We ask that all prospective members of the JLGO attend at least one New Member Education Session to learn about the application process, as well as the JLGO’s Provisional Training Program.
New Member Sessions were held on:
- April 23rd at 6:00 pm at St. Michael’s Church in College Park
- May 8th at 6:30 pm – Webinar
- May 16th at 6:30 pm – Webinar
If you were unable to attend a New Member Education Session, you can watch the webinar recording here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the application open for the 2019/2020 Provisional class? The application will open on May 31, 2019.
- Are there any fees associated with the application? A nonrefundable application fee of $50 will be required at the time of application submission.
- When are the New Member Education Sessions? New Member Education sessions were held on April 23rd and online on May 8th and May 16th. Attendance at one session is mandatory. If you missed the New Member Education sessions, you can watch the recorded webinar here.
- How many members are accepted for the 2019/2020 Provisional class? The Provisional class will consist of 50 new members.
- When does the Provisional period officially begin? The Provisional Retreat will be held all day on Saturday, August 24, 2019. Prospective members who are not able to attend the Retreat are encouraged to apply for our 2019/2020 Provisional class.
- What are the dates of the year-long Provisional Education program? After the Provisional Retreat, Provisionals attend one Provisional Education training session held from 6:30-8:30 PM on the second Tuesday of each month from September 2019 to May 2020.
- Are the Retreat and Training meetings mandatory? Yes! Attendance is critical to developing one’s civic leadership potential.
- What are the dues and fees associated with membership? If admitted to the 2019/2020 Provisional Education program, a Provisional member would submit $170 annual membership dues to the organization as well as a $95 Provisional Course Fee.
- What will I learn during the Provisional Education program? Members of the Provisional Education program will learn the mission, vision, values, and goals of the JLGO; understand our current community focus area; and create a plan for developing their own civic leadership skills. At the end of the year-long training program, Provisionals who have competed all requirements of the training will be voted “Active” members of the JLGO.
- To learn more about the JLGO, please click on the “Who We Are” and “Community” tabs!