Starting July 1, 2023, the JLGO will begin rolling admissions and accept new member applications for our newly revamped Provisional Education pilot program.
We welcome you to join our 2023-2024 Provisional Class starting July 1st – click HERE to Apply!
Interested in learning more about JLGO? For more information about our Provisional Program, please review the details and FAQ’s below.
We look forward to welcoming you into the JLGO! Please email TrainingVP@jlgo.org with any questions.
Provisional Education Program
The JLGO’s Provisional Education program focuses on developing the civic leadership potential of its members while also providing opportunities for volunteerism and improving the community. The Provisional Education program introduces members to the mission, vision, values, and goals of the JLGO. Members will have the opportunity to learn about our current community focus area including our community programs, fundraisers and leadership trainings.
Although not required, members of the Provisional Education program are encouraged to take on volunteer shifts to better understand our community impact, attend JLGO’s General Membership Meetings (GMMs) to learn more about the mission of our organization and fundraisers in order to meet and integrate with our Active and Sustainer members and make a direct impact in the Greater Orlando community.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the application open for the next JLGO Provisional class? Beginning July 1, 2023, JLGO will accept Provisional applications on a rolling admissions basis.
- Are there any fees associated with the application? A nonrefundable application fee of $50 will be required at the time of the application submission.
- What are the dates of future Provisional training meetings? Provisionals are required to attend 2 half day Trainings in order to become active members of the JLGO. There will be at least 2 offerings in the Fall and at least 2 in the Spring.
- Fall 2023 Trainings : Complete! Congratulations to our newly active members!
- Spring 2024 Trainings:
- What is the JLGO/JLGO Operations: Sunday, February 4th from 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Community Impact/Volunteerism: Saturday, March 9th from 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Civic Leadership Development, Advocacy, Fund Development: Saturday, April 13th from 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- What are the dues and fees associated with membership? If admitted to the 2023-2024 Provisional class, a Provisional JLGO member will submit $170 annual membership dues as well as a $95 Provisional Course Fee.
- When can I become an Active Member of the JLGO? Upon completion of 2 half day training courses you are eligible to become an active member of the JLGO. Requirements for the New Active member will be based on the time of year each member becomes Active.