Applications for the JLGO’s 2021-2022 Provisional class are now open! Please click here to fill out an application. Applications are due by August 1st, 2021.
New Member Information Sessions:
- Prospective New Member Information Session: Join the Provisional Education Team on Tuesday, July 27th from 7pm- 8pm virtually via Zoom for an informational session about the Junior League of Greater Orlando’s Provisional Program. This is a great opportunity to ask the team any questions you may have about the program and how to join the 2021-2022 Provisional Class. We look forward to meeting you and answering your questions. Please click here for the zoom link or use the following login details – Meeting ID: 407 342 6481 and Passcode: 677386. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For more information about our Provisional Program, please view this informational video and review the details and FAQ’s below.
We look forward to welcoming you into the JLGO! Please email EVP@jlgo.org with any questions.
Provisional Education Program
The JLGO’s Provisional Education program focuses on developing the civic leadership potential of its members while also providing opportunities for volunteerism and improving the community. The Provisional Education program introduces members to the mission, vision, values, and goals of the JLGO. Members will also learn about our current community focus area including our community programs and partners as well as about creating a plan for developing their own civic leadership skills.
The program includes formal trainings as well as hands-on volunteer opportunities. Due to COVID-19, these opportunities may include a mix of virtual and in-person events.
The mandatory Provisional Retreat will be held on Saturday, August 21, 2021, with trainings or meetings held from 6:30-8:30 PM on the second Tuesday of each month (September 2021-May 2022).
Additionally, members of the Provisional Education program will complete two volunteer shifts to better understand our community impact; attend JLGO’s General Membership Meetings (GMMs) to learn more about the mission of our organization; and make a direct impact in the Greater Orlando community.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the application open for the next JLGO Provisional class? The application will open on June 1, 2021.
- Are there any fees associated with the application? A nonrefundable application fee of $50 will be required at the time of the application submission.
- When does the Provisional period officially begin? The Provisional Retreat will be held on Saturday, August 21, 2021.
- What are the dates of future Provisional training meetings? We ask that Provisional members reserve the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:30 PM for Provisional meetings and trainings (September 2021- May 2022).
- What are the dues and fees associated with membership? If admitted to the 2021-2022 Provisional class, a Provisional JLGO member will submit $170 annual membership dues as well as a $95 Provisional Course Fee.
- What will the Provisional Education course look like in light of COVID-19? Based on federal, state, and local requirements for COVID-19 as well as the requirements for our training facilities, community programs and partners, the JLGO will utilize a mix of in-person and virtual training and volunteer opportunities. We ask that our new JLGO members, as well as our existing JLGO members, adopt a flexible mindset as we continue to plan our 2021-2022 League year. New members will learn more during our kickoff Provisional Retreat on August 21.