Applications for the JLGO’s Spring 2021 Provisional class are NOW OPEN!
Apply now to join as a new member of the Junior League of Greater Orlando. Click here to apply.
Provisional Education Program
The JLGO’s Provisional Education program focuses on developing the civic leadership potential of its members while also providing opportunities for volunteerism and improving the community. The Provisional Education program introduces members to the mission, vision, values, and goals of the JLGO. Members will also learn about our current community focus area including our community programs and partners as well as about creating a plan for developing their own civic leadership skills.
The program includes formal trainings as well as hands-on volunteer opportunities. Due to COVID-19, these opportunities may include a mix of virtual and in-person events.
The mandatory Provisional Retreat will be held on Saturday, January 16, 2021, with trainings or meetings held from 6:30-8:30 PM on the second Thursday of each month.
Additionally, members of the Provisional Education program will complete one volunteer shifts to better understand our community impact; attend JLGO’s General Membership Meetings (GMMs) to learn more about the mission of our organization; and make a direct impact in the Greater Orlando community.
To learn more about the JLGO, our history and our Provisional program, watch this video.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the application open for the next JLGO Provisional class? The application will open on December 1, 2020.
- Are there any fees associated with the application? A nonrefundable application fee of $50 will be required at the time of the application submission.
- When does the Provisional period officially begin? The Provisional Retreat will be held on Saturday, January 16, 2021.
- What are the dates of future Provisional training meetings? We ask that Provisional members reserve the second Thursday of each month from 6:30-8:30 PM for Junior League meetings and trainings.
- What are the dues and fees associated with membership? If admitted to the 2020/2021 Spring Provisional class, a Provisional JLGO member will submit $170 annual membership dues as well as a $95 Provisional Course Fee.
- What will the Provisional Education course look like in light of COVID-19? Based on federal, state, and local requirements for COVID-19 as well as the requirements for our training facilities, community programs and partners, the JLGO will utilize a mix of in-person and virtual training and volunteer opportunities. We ask that our new JLGO members, as well as our existing JLGO members, adopt a flexible mindset as we plan our 2020-2021 League year during the pandemic. New members will learn more during our kickoff Provisional Retreat on January 16.