Below are recent statistics regarding generational poverty in our community:
- Florida Population: 19,850,054 | # in Poverty: 3,116,886
- Poverty threshold in Florida: Total income for a family of four that is below $24,250.
- 25.2% of children under the age of 18 live in poverty – ranked 38th – U.S. Census Bureau
- 44.3% of those children are in deep poverty (below the 50% of poverty threshold)
- Orange County total poverty is 17.8% – U.S. Census Bureau
- # of children (under 18) living in poverty in Orange County is 25.2% – U.S. Census Bureau